Theobroma Cacao, roughly translated means, food of the gods or more literally “God food”. Arriba Nacionalis the best variety of Cacao and was grown and consumed by the native people of Central America and southern Mexico, notably the Olmecs, Maya and Aztec civilizations.
Cacao was so highly valued that its seeds or beans were used as currency. Columbus apparently discovered cacao in the early 16th century, although it was the Spanish who realized its economic value and brought the Cocoa bean to Europe.
Arriba Nacional is the very best variety and offers a high nutrient value. It differs from more traditional chocolate because it is 100% raw and natural.
1) Get Happy With Cacao : Some days you just need to find your bliss – cacao is one of the healthiest foods, you can consume. Cacao contains the mood improver, anandamide – known as the bliss molecule, which creates a feeling of euphoria.
2) As an aphrodisiac – Another mood-enhancing compound found in cacao is PEA or phenethylamine, which triggers the release of endorphins and pleasurable opium-like neurochemicals. These often release naturally when we fall in love and during sexual activity. (The only other food on earth that contains PEA is blue-green algae.)
In addition these chemicals improve libido, which is probably why chocolate is so popular on Valentine ’s Day or as a token of love.
3) Balance Hormonal Mood Swings: Cacao boosts brain levels of serotonin, the feel good brain chemical. When women are experiencing PMS serotonin levels drop dramatically. The benefits of cacao are proven to boost the brain levels of calming hormones and restore feelings of well-being.
4) Protect Your Heart and Prevent Cardiovascular Disease: Flavanols an anti-inflammatory and heart-protective antioxidant found in raw cacao may protect against cardiovascular disease, reduce the risk of stroke, and help improve blood circulation.
Cacao contains over 700 compounds and the complex antioxidants found in it known as polyphenols help reduce ‘bad cholesterol’ and prevent hardening of the arteries.
It is mind boggling to think that no heart drug on the market can come close to the protective benefits of cacao.
5) The Department of Nutrition at University of California, Davis discovered that cacao thins blood and can prevent blood clots. This finding shows that eating raw cacao can be just as beneficial as taking an aspirin a day.
6) Cacao can prevent premature aging – polyphenol antioxidants found in cacao belong to the same group of antioxidants as green tea and red wine. These anthocyanins (found in dark colored fruits) and catechins (found in green tea) protect our cells from premature oxidation or destruction and can keep us looking and feeling younger longer.
7) Drinking a cup of hot cacao before meals can help you shed fat. This is due to cacao’s MAO inhibitors, which shrink appetite. MAO inhibitors are often found in weight loss products. However cacao’s unique MAO’s allow more serotonin to circulate in the brain. Don’t consume more than 40 grams or four heaping teaspoons of cacao daily.
If you find the taste of cacao too strong, add coconut milk, rice, or nut milk. Avoid dairy, as it will prevent antioxidant absorption.
By gently heating and making your own delicious hot cacao beverage, you will release more antioxidants and increase the appetite suppressant properties.
Add one teaspoon of cacao powder in a coffee cup of hot water or milk and drink 10-15 minutes before your next meal. Who needs dangerous diet pills? Not us.
8) Create loads of energy and combat fatigue with one of the highest concentrations of magnesium found in this natural food source. Magnesium also helps to protect against osteoporosis, reduces type II diabetes, and lowers blood pressure.
- Raw cacao powder (2tbsp) contains 52mg or 14% of daily value
-Raw cacao nibs or beans per 100 grams contain 272 mg or 65% of daily value
- The recommended RDA’s for Magnesium for a Male are 420mg and 320mg for a Female
9) Get shiny hair, strong nails, and take care of your liver and pancreas with this great source of sulfur.
10) Lower your blood pressure naturally, in a study of 470 men from the Zutphen Elderly study, the benefits of cacao intake are found to reduce blood pressure by patients who took a small amount every evening.
11) The antioxidant properties of cacao were also found to reduce insulin resistance and sensitivity in people with impaired glucose tolerance and smokers.
12) Cacao has the ability to help improve kidney and stimulate bowel function.
13) Reset your metabolism and restore your internal balance with cacao – Not getting enough antioxidants in your diet can have dangerous long-term health consequences. A Swiss 2009 study found that in just under two weeks cacao reduced the stress hormone cortisol, improved metabolism, and even improved gut microbial activity.
14) Prevent sunburns – A recent study by London scientists found participants who ate 20 grams of cacao for 12 weeks were able to stay in the sun for twice as long as those who didn’t, without getting sunburned.
15) Get glowing skin and improve skin texture – In 2006 the Journal of Nutrition found that women who drank cacao with at least 326 mg of flavonals a day had better skin texture, improved microcirculation, increased oxygen saturation, and improved skin hydration than those didn’t. Stir some cacao powder in your cup of coffee or add to a smoothie.
Cacao is rich in the vitamins:
Cacao is rich in the minerals:
Chocolate is renowned for sparking a sense of euphoria. Arriba Nacionalwill have this effect by increasing the levels of specific neurotransmitters in our brains to help promote, positive outlook, facilitate rejuvenation and simply help us feel good.
• Serotin:Cacao raises the level of serotonin in the brain, thus acting as an anti depressant, helps reduce PMS symptoms and promotes a sense of well being.
• Endorphins: Cacao stimulates the secretion of endorphins, producing a pleasurable sensation similar to the “runners high” a jogger will feel after running.
• Phenylethylamine : Found in Cacao, phenylethylamine is also created within the brain and released when we are in love. Acts as a mild mood elevator and anti depressant and helps increase focus and alertness.
• Anandamine: Known as the bliss chemical because it is released by the brain when we are feeling great. Cacao contains both N-acylethandamines believed to temporarily increase the levels of anandamine in the brain and enzyme inhibitors that slow its breakdown. Promotes relaxation and helps us feel good for longer.
If you would like a reliable source of good quality
ORGANIC CACAO POWDER CONSIDER: