The universe is perfectly balanced by natural and moral laws with regulatory vibrations to maintain order. When you work within the laws, you can be assured of an eventual positive outcome. When the laws are transgressed, you can be assured of suffering. The only purpose of this is to teach you a better way. These laws are an extract from Dick Sutphen’s[i] book lighting the Light Within.
1. The Law of Harmony. This law supersedes even the fundamental law of karma, for harmony is the supreme potential of balance. The purpose of Karma is to attain harmony. If you throw a rock into a pond, you disturb the harmony of the pond. You are the cause, and the effect is the splash and the ripples that flow out and back until harmony is restored. Similarly, your disharmonious actions flow out into the Universe and back onto you, lifetime after lifetime, until eventually, your own harmony is restored.
2. The Law of Reincarnation and Karma. Until you have resolved your Karma and fulfilled your Dharma, which are the deeds you must do, you will continue to reincarnate into sequential lifetime upon the earth. Neither universal creator nor the Lords of Karma bestow suffering upon you during these lives. You and you alone decide what you most need to learn in your earthly sojourns. Thus for each life experience you seek out other souls, often with shared histories, with karmic configurations that match your needs. Whenever you act with intention, you create karma. Actions are considered thoughts, emotions, words and deeds, and the motive, desire and intent behind each. Disharmonious acts must be balanced in the future in this life or in a future lifetime, to have soul growth.
3. The Law of Wisdom. Wisdom erases karma. If you have the wisdom to learn your lessons through love and wisdom, you can mitigate your suffering. Sadly, we seem to learn the fastest through pain, through directly experiencing the consequences of our actions. As an example, you greedily take from others, and instead of learning through wisdom and love that this is wrong, you have to experience from others someone greedily taking from you, whether later in this life or in a future lifetime.
Example 1: In your last life you were married to a Soul who is your mate today, and whom you cruelly left for another in that previous lifetime. Before you were born into your current life, you agreed to be left by your mate, under similar circumstances—this will allow you to balance your Karma—and directly experience the pain of abandonment. If through the wisdom of Master-Life-Awareness, it is easier to detach consciously from the relationship with love, you will ease the pain of parting while also passing your own test and thus absolving karma and evolving from within.
Example 2. Assume that you have astrologically destined a severe relationship test for May of your 35th year. If you have learnt through past-life awareness, as well as present life learning, to be positive, non-judgmental and without expectations in your relationship, you may only experience an argument with your mate on that fateful day in May, but if you haven't learnt your past lessons and have intensified your disharmony during your relationship, you might experience a divorce in May of your 35th year.
4. The Law of Grace. Karma can be experienced to the letter of the law or in mercy and grace. In other words if you give love, mercy and grace to others, you will receive the same in return.
5. The Law of Soul Evolution. All people on Earth shares the goal of soul evolution whether they realise it or not. We have reincarnated because we desire to evolve spiritually. By rising above all of your fear-based emotions and in so doing learning how to express unconditional love, we raise our vibrational rate and move closer to a state of harmony. Even where it appears that we are not evolving we are in reality making progress. We learn through the pain of our disharmonious acts, which can be viewed as our mistakes or failures. This is the law of Soul evolution.
6. The Law of Bodhisattva. Bodhisattva is a Sanskrit term commonly accepted by most Metaphysical adepts today. It means one who has transcended the need of Earthly incarnations but who has chosen to return to the earth to support others in achieving enlightenment. A Bodhisattva knows he will never really be free until all Souls are free. Most serious students of metaphysics have entered the Bodhisattva Development Stage of their evolution.
7. The Law of Vibrational Attainment. The entire Universe operates on the same principle of vibrational energy. When Einstein discovered that ‘matter is energy’, he unlocked the door to emerging science and metaphysics. Scientists have proven that energy cannot die, it can only transform (reincarnate), and, by its very nature, energy must go forwards or backwards; it cannot stand still, for it to do so is stagnation, resulting in transformation. You are energy. Your skin, which appears solid, is actually trillions of swiftly moving molecules orbiting each other at a specific vibrational rate; a physical life rate you have earned in the past as a result of how harmoniously—or disharmoniously you have lived your past lives and your current life up until this moment in time. When you are harmonious for a lifetime, you will have attained the highest vibrational rate—the God level.
8. The Law of Free Will. The law of free will operates in the three following ways.
1. Although many of the major events in your life are astrologically predestined, you always have free will to mitigate the impact of the event, or to transcend it entirely. This will result from how you live your life up to the situation you have destined for yourself to experience. If you show grace and mercy to others, are positive, loving, compassionate and demonstrate by your action that you have learnt past lessons, you can minimise disharmonious experiences!
2. As you obtain Master of Life awareness and develop conscious detachment, you will be far less affected by worldly events than in the past. A Master of Life enjoys all the warmth and joy that life has to offer, but detaches from the negativity by allowing it to flow through him without affecting him.
3. You always have free will in how you respond to any situation. If you respond with positive emotions, compassion and integrity, you have probably learnt your karmic lessons and will not have to experience a similar situation in the future.
9. The Law of One. Every Soul, living and discarnate, is connected at the level of the collective unconscious, deep within the higher self. You are interconnected and a part of a great energy gestalt called God/universal creator, and because you are part of God, you are God. It is the goal of the gestalt to move the energy forwards, creating more energy. So, in living harmoniously, you increase your vibrational rate and intensify the vibration of the entire gestalt. When you are disharmonious, you decrease the vibration of the entire gestalt, because all are one. Everything you think, say and do, affects every other Soul.
10. The Law of Manifestation. Everything manifest begins as a thought, an idea. Ideas and experiences create beliefs, which in turn, create your reality. If you are unhappy with your current reality, you must change your beliefs and your behaviour. Beliefs can be changed once you identify those that are not working for you, and begin programming what will create success and harmony in your life. The unlimited creative power of your mind, through dedication, awareness and training, can be the wisdom to rise above your karma. Within physical and spiritual laws, you can manifest any reality you desire to experience. Concerning changing your behaviour, you must decide which disharmonious behaviour you want to eliminate. Then be aware that you don't have to change how you feel about something to affect it, if you are willing to change what you are doing.
11. The Law of Conscious Detachment. Buddha’s early teachings are best summarised with one of his statements, ‘It is your resistance to what is that causes your suffering.’ and by suffering, he meant everything that doesn't work in your life; relationship problems, loss of loved ones, loneliness, sickness, accidents, guilt, monetary hardship, unfulfilled desires and so on. When you accept what is, you accept the unalterable realities in your life without resisting them. Some things are facts. They exist, and, no matter how much you resist them, there is nothing you can do about them. Change what you can change, but have the wisdom to accept unalterable situations as they are, without wasting mental or physical energy attempting to change what you cannot change. Out of acceptance comes involved detachment, which is the ability to enjoy all the positive aspects of life, but to allow the negative to flow through you without resistance and without affecting you.
12. The Law of Gratitude. From the perspective of Karma and the Law of One, the more you give, the more you will receive. The more you assist others, the more you will assist yourself. The power of this Law also works in your day-to-day life.
13. The Law of Fellowship. When two or more people of similar vibration are gathered for a shared purpose, their combined energy directed to the attainment of that purpose is doubled, tripled, quadrupled or more. This esoteric awareness has been used by covens, esoteric religions, healing groups and recently, worldwide meditations for world peace.
14. The Law of Resistance. That which you resist, you draw to you, and you will perpetuate its influence upon your life. Resistance is fear, so it is something you need to resolve karmically. The Law of Resistance assures that you let go of the fear by encountering it until you are forced to deal with it by learning conscious detachment.
Example: You may have a strong resistance towards people of Asia or Africa, of Jewish people or your mother-in-law. Your resistance is fear. The quickest way to overcome that which you fear is through direct experience, thus you will reincarnate as an Asian, Black, Jew, or mother in-law in a future lifetime. When you attain Master of Life awareness and stop resisting [your fear] by consciously detaching from the negativity, the problem will be resolved. Most disharmonious situations are solved through a change in your viewpoint. By changing your perspective, you can usually eliminate the effects of a problem, and if you are no longer affected by a problem, you no longer have a problem, although nothing about the problem situation may have changed. Another aspect of the Law of Resistance states, ‘That which you resist, you become, if not in this lifetime, then in a future incarnation.’
15. The Law of Attraction. ‘Where your attention goes, your energy flows’. You attract what you are and that which you concentrate upon. If you are negative, you draw in and experience negativity. If you are loving, you draw in and experience love. You can attract to you only those qualities you possess. So, if you want peace and harmony in your life, you must become peaceful and harmonious.
16. The Law of Reflection. This Law says that the traits you respond to in others, you recognise in yourself, both positive and negative. It has four primary manifestations:
That which you admire in others, you recognise as existing within yourself. That which you resist and react to strongly in others is sure to be found within yourself. That which you resist and react to in others is something that you are afraid exists within you and that which you resist in yourself, you will dislike in others.
In other words, you have chosen to incarnate upon the manifest plane to learn to rise above the effect of fear. Those fears will always be reflected in your reactions to others. Thus, your goals are very obvious once you recognise how to perceive them. As you let go of the fear, you automatically open to expressing more unconditional love.
17. The Law of Unconditional Love. The expression of unconditional love will eventually result in harmony. Unconditional love is not romantic love. It is the acceptance of others as they are without judgement or expectations. It is total acceptance of others without attempting to change them, except by your own positive example. The Law of Unconditional love says, ‘If you go out of your way to express unconditional love, you automatically rise above fear, and as you transcend your fears, you automatically open yourself to unconditional love.
18. The Law of Magnetic Affinities. By astrologically choosing the time and place of your birth, you determine the nature or the affects you will experience in your life. On the other side, before you’re born, you make decisions about the lifetime we will be entering into. You chose your parents, other souls to interact with you, and the astrological configurations of your birth, which determine your character, personality, abilities, restrictions and timing for strengths and weaknesses—If all of this seems too complicated to be real, be aware that you are only using 5 to 10% of the capacity of your brain. In addition, the brain-mind researchers say the human brain has 200,000 times the capacity of the greatest computer ever built. Such calculations as just described would be no problem for such a computer.
19. The Law of Abundance. You have within yourself everything required to make your earthly incarnation a paradise if you choose to accept that which is your divine birth right. We live in a Universe of abundance, although the majority of those populating our planet appear to view it as a Universe of scarcity.
20. The Law of Divine Order. If you seek to understand the Law of Divine Order, study the natural balance of nature, for it works very much the same way. Everything is as it should be, although humankind (the energy gestalt) is far from experiencing its potential of total harmony. There are no accidents. Your energy, translated into thoughts, words, emotions and deeds, causes all your experiences. This assures that you always have the learning opportunities you require to resolve your karma, and, as with you, the collective thoughts, words, emotions and deeds of humankind create the environment for all. If enough souls focus their energy upon peace, all will have peace. If the majority of souls are filled with anger, all may have to experience war. We are all one, and like the many sub-personalities within you, the dominant traits of humankind (the entire gestalt) will emerge to resolve our group karma.
It is mentioned within these 20 laws that your life is astrologically predestined. Before you are born into this physical reality, you choose your lessons and experiences then a life blueprint is created. This blueprint is then hidden from you, (bit of a cruel joke you may say). This blueprint is an astrological natal chart, which is constructed from your details of birth; it shows all planetary influences and alignments that have an impact on your life’s circumstances and events. You can get yourself a natal reading here: www.13signsastrology.com/astrology-readings
This was excerpted from the YUSA Guide To Balance: Mind Body Spirit which you can view in full HERE where it’s available in physical and digital format. You can also see what our current worldwide readership is saying about the book. If you are outside of the UK we advise that you visit Amazon.com for your copy for more cost effective delivery costs.