This chapter is centred on food awareness and physical regeneration. The population has definitely been bamboozled by the food makers, drug companies, government etc. with their primary investment being; not letting you know the truth. Not only is there that but you also have your own self to deal with which has been heavily programmed and for many, the belief that it is actually possible to get well is non-existent.
The human body consists of trillions of cells that are bathed in fluids; these fluids need to be alkaline in order for the cells to function at optimum level. In society, the majority do not even understand the acid/alkaline balance of the body, as it is not something you are made aware of even though it is one of the most important factors for human health.
Nearly everything is acidic: acidic thoughts, acidic violence, acidic relationships and acidic foods. Meats, dairy, white breads, sugars and alcohol are major factors for humanity’s inflammation, congestion and acidosis, making a large number of people unwell and unbalanced.
Today’s stressful, modern environment is not one which supports the 45 litres of fluid (approximately) within the human organism that are acid, alkaline or neutral. All these fluids perform certain functions, but only if they are operating within their desired parameters. When it comes to blood, it is very specific in the way in which it operates, as it is bound to a very narrow range of PH, which borders on the alkaline.
If the blood PH moves outside the designated range, it can begin to setup an environment of rapid decline. In terms of the logarithmic PH scale, a PH of 7.0 is a neutral state, anything above 7.0 is considered alkaline whilst anything below 7.0 is considered acidic. The blood tends to sit in a very narrow range of 7.36–7.42. PH comes from Latin meaning, Potential Hydrogen.
PH controls every biochemical and bioelectrical function in the body. It is a control mechanism for the speed at which these two functions work whilst regulating enzyme activity. An alkaline PH enables more resistance flow whilst supplying a cool and slow energy, Acidic, on the other hand, supplies a hot and fast energy with less resistance flow. This lower resistance is due to the lower number of hydrogen Ions present in the bodily fluids.
In an alkaline environment there is a greater amount of resistance, meaning the electrical and chemical activities are going to be slower therefore, there will be less aging, burnout and oxidation stress/damage on the skin (fewer wrinkles). This is key for longevity. The higher the PH, the more alkaline- and oxygen-rich the blood and cells become; the lower the PH, the more acidic and oxygen deprived they become.
Take a car battery, for example. An acid battery’s main function is to provide sudden, powerful bursts of energy in order to overcome the friction of a stable car engine to start up. An acid battery’s energy is immediate and powerful (rapid aging), whilst an alkaline battery (biochemically speaking) is cool and slow, with a longer-lasting shelf life (longevity).
Oxygen is carried by haemoglobin within the blood, but the amount of oxygen that can be carried is strictly under the control of the PH. Cellular degeneration is a disease of cellular suffocation; when a cell receives less than 40 per cent of its natural oxygen requirement, it must either adapt or die.
When your urine drops below a PH reading of 6.0, the body will start to extract sodium from the stomach and calcium from the bones to neutralise the blood. The difference between a PH at 6.0 and a PH at 7.0 is the electrical speed. The bio-electrical speed between 6.0 and 7.0 differs by a factor of 10, meaning the speeds are ten times faster than they would be at 7.0. If the PH were at 5.0,then the electrical and chemical speeds would be running 100 times faster than they would if they were at 7.0 (10 times 10). The body’s oxygen levels can also suffer if the body’s PH balance is low: for example, if your body’s PH is 6.0, the oxygen circulation is also reduced by a factor of ten.
When your body falls into the range of acidic PH balance, the excessive acidity creates more stress, encourages lower energy levels, digestion depletion and increased levels of fatigue. It also promotes excess weight gain alongside bodily aches and pains and ultimately more serious disorders. The body will pull the alkaline/acidic fluids from the different organs in order to keep the blood in equanimity and to adapt to its environment.
When an alkaline environment is maintained in the body, metabolic, enzymatic, and immunologic, repair mechanisms function at their best. The acid-forming metabolic of stress and inflammation caused by high-fat and high-protein foods are adequately and effectively neutralised only when sufficient mineral-buffering reserves are present. Mineral-buffering reserves are the gift that alkaline-forming foods give to your body. A diet that is predominantly alkaline-forming is essential to the maintenance of sustained health.
Most vegetables and fruits contain higher proportions of alkaline-forming elements than other foods. These foods promote a more alkaline environment in the body. For example, commercial corn, barley, soybeans and legumes are acid-forming. This may reflect breeding selection in the last fifty years that favoured higher carbohydrate and fat content. What would happen if the population started to eat a lot more raw fruits and vegetables? There wouldn’t be as many people profiting, and many more people would be hydrated, mineralised and alkalised, thereby living more energised lives.
Acidity and sickness
There have been many independent studies surrounding the topic of high acidity levels within the human organism and its overall relation to sickness and ill health. One of these independent researchers was named Dr. Otto Warburg[i], a 1931German physiologist, medical doctor and Nobel laureate. Warburg was one of the 20th century's leading biochemists and was awarded a Nobel peace prize for his research into cancer and the body’s PH balance.
Otto Warburg made the discovery that cancer cells find it extremely difficult to thrive and survive in a PH of 7.0 or above and that cell degeneration is simply a result of ‘cell suffocation’. After much study and research, Warburg came to the conclusion that cancerous tissues are acidic in nature whilst healthy tissues are much more alkaline. Water divides itself into H+ and OH-negative Ions: an excess of H+ is acidic whilst an excess of OH-negative Ions is alkaline.
When healthy cells are bathing in bodily fluids that are rich in OH-negative Ions, then the slowest form (most resistance) of bio-electrical activity will take place, meaning the multiplication and cellular communication between diseased cells, viruses and any other foreign bodies become slower to non-existent.
With this being said, when these OH-negative ions start to deplete because of toxicity, chemical-laden foods, stress, negative emotions and thoughts, then the cells can actually start to become hypoxic (a condition in which the body or a region of the body is deprived of adequate oxygen supply). If this is the case, then cellular function starts to deplete, which has a negative impact on well-being.
Alongside Warburg’s discovery that cancer cells thrive in a low PH environment (one as low as 5.0–5.5 due to the lactic acid production (by the cells) which elevates carbon dioxide levels), It is also important to remember that in a lower PH environment you have less oxygen and faster bio-chemical processes. (Meaning that something is going to rapidly multiply along with faster bio-electrical processes therefore enhancing the signalling of the rapid multiplication, speeding it up).
PH is the dividing line between health and disease. In this day and age it is wise for you to be conscious of the daily fluctuations of the PH levels within your own body if you want to experience optimal health or want to get well from an illness or diseased state. It may be wise for you to start testing your PH levels so you can get in tune with your body and how it fluctuates around different environmental factors and with what you ingest.
A healthy body has PH levels around 6.75–7.75. Just as you can get sick and have bodily disturbances when you are too acidic, the same goes for a body that is too alkaline in nature--there must be a balance, as with everything in life. Oxygen follows PH, and the higher the PH, the higher oxygen levels that are transported by haemoglobin. As mentioned previously, someone with a PH of 7.0 has ten times more oxygen in their system than a person with a PH of 6.0 and 100 times more than a person with a PH of 5.Acidosis and hypoxia (lack of oxygen) are two sides of the same coin; where you have one, you have the other.
Balancing acidity with nutrition
Maintaining proper PH with health and nutrition is not a guarantee of perfect health. It simply means you give yourself opportunity to avoid disease. A constant supply of nutrition and nutrients are needed for a healthy body, including: amino acids, chlorophyll, mineral salts, trace minerals and living enzymes.
In this society, acidic diets and attitudes are dominant. People experience low levels of energy, exhausting easily, and some people are quick to temper, always running hot and fast. The majority of food commercials encourage acidity consumption such as pro-inflammatory coffee for breakfast, pro-inflammatory bread and pro-inflammatory burgers for lunch, washed down with acidic soft drinks full of sugar.
There are varying pH levels within your body that also need to be maintained, but have greater fluctuation, like urine. They directly reflect the food we consume. A poor diet is very taxing on your body as it has to constantly maintain homeostasis(which it undergoes at all times), struggling to obtain alkalising nutrients from organs and bones, thus depleting their necessary stores.
Top methods of alkalising the body:
- Eating vegetables, mainly green–Veggies are whole foods without extreme processed sugars that feed disease. Organic vegetables are packed with the minerals and nutrients from the soil, which are meant to be transferred to our bodies via our crops. It is best to consume a proportion around 80 per cent of your veggies either raw, lightly cooked, blended or juicedfor greater amounts of energy and mental clarity. Superfoods also assist in alkalising the body.
- Low-sugar fruits and herbs –Lemons, limes, grapefruit berries and avocados are the most ideal fruits to consume, alongside herbs such as parsley, cilantro, bok choy, celery and kale.Sugar feeds disease, so moderation is necessary to maintain health. Enjoy other fruits as an occasional treat to minimise your intake, and avoid fruit juice from cartons altogether unless it is freshly pressed in small quantities on occasion.
- Do your best and try to only consume20 per cent of acidic foods each day –This should represent only whole unprocessed foods including plant and organic animal protein,whole grains (preferably sprouted), nuts, seeds and some fruit.
- Alkaline water –By increasing your water intake each and every day, you will increase all body functions that all require water in some way. If this water is pure and alkalised it will optimise these functions and increase OH-Negative ions.Flushing and detoxifying is vitally important and without water elimination struggles to take place and toxins become lodged and can cause problems. You can also purchase an alkaline water stick at amazon.com and add some sole Himalayan salt minerals to your water (instructions in next topic).
- Lemon, ginger and lime water –Aside from green juice, lemon, lime and ginger water is the most potent detoxifying, alkalising drinks you can introduce into your daily routine. On the outside of our body, a lemon is acidic, but once consumed it leaves an alkaline ash that supports body functions within. Lemon flushes and tightens the cells whilst the ginger soothes inflammation. This drink is an excellent replacement for morning coffee.
- Reduce your stress–Erase and confront any negative thought patterns and emotions. Your thought vibrations have that ability to program bodily fluids. Practice meditation and exercise on a regular basis to balance excess cortisol and eradicate negative energies.
Harmful and processed junk to avoid
- White processed sugar –One of the most acidic things to the body is sugar, which is a poison that kills as it has been depleted of its life forces, vitamins and minerals. Sugar taken every day produces a continuously overacidic condition, whilst more and more minerals are required from deep in the body in the attempt to rectify the imbalance.
- Animal and dairy products –Such products are very mucous-forming and tend to encourage mucous production in cellular fluids. If you eat a lot of acid and mucous-forming foods, your body produces a layer of mucous as a protection barrier against the onslaught of toxic foods that the body does not recognise as natural. In the rare case that one could acquire raw dairy one might argue its benefits, but realistically humans shouldn’t be drinking the milk of other animals that is meant to nurture the lives of its offspring, as the enzymes that break it down properly are non-existent in the body after the age of two. Animal protein is one of the most metabolically acidic foods humans eat. It creates conditions of acidity within the body after ingestion, again forcing the body to seek to return to an alkaline state through demineralisation of the bones and the cells.
- Stimulants –Coffee, alcohol, fizzy drinks, processed chocolate and sugar should be avoided altogether for those in a disease state and used only on occasion otherwise. It takes 32 glasses of alkaline water to balance 1 can of pop,and eight glasses for one glass of wine and coffee. The body has to put in a lot of energy and effort to balance itself after consumption of such products.
- Processed foods –Since the introduction of processed foods in the 1950s, disease rates have been climbing steadily, especially the top two fatal ones like cancer and heart disease. As tempting as they may be, packaged foods are mostly poison, filled with non-food and chemicals. Do your best to only shop the outside of the grocery store and minimise your purchases of packages. Your cart should be mostly filled with veggies and whole foods. In a restaurant setting, do your best to include a salad and/or veggies in your choices.
- Unhappiness and stress- Living in a constant state of stress, anxiety and fear can wreak havoc on the body’s PH balance due to the overactive hormonal messengers.Only you can change your life, and those who choose not to improve their situations are the ones who are susceptible to disease and illness.
Antacids: If you have to take any form of antacid, the natural solution is quite simple. There is no reason to be acidic if you eat properly and flush your body regularly with plenty of water. Foods that neutralise are important to consume, such as greens and bananas. The human organism has a hard time breaking down meat in the stomach, and when it sits for a while it becomes painful as it rots in the intestines and colon.
Be aware of what your body is telling you. Heartburn or burping excessively can mean that you have an excess built-up of acid. If you get this after eating certain foods then stop eating them. Your body is crying out for help, letting you know it is way too acidic; masking the process by pills will not help the circumstances. An ulcer is formed when you choose to ignore your body’s signs over and over and remain in your regular eating patterns. Remember, when you are acidic you are more prone to disease and flu. Acidity weakens your body if you do not learn to neutralise it.
Eat whole, unrefined organic foods to protect yourself from the difficulties, complications and deficiencies that arise from processed foods. Fresh fruits and leafy green vegetables should comprise the majority of the human diet. The simpler you eat, the better you will digest. When digestion is compromised by stress or bad food combinations, the mind gets cloudy. The GI tract and the mind are intimately connected by a series of nerves. When your guts are fermenting or filled with rancid food particles, parasites and viruses can proliferate and when they leave their excrement behind it is very acidic, irritating and inflammatory. Clear intestines equal a clear mind and serenity in the body.
Introducing as many new raw plant based foods into your consumption will be rewarding to your body. Health was made to be quite simple. Mother Earth provides minerals, nutrients, plenty of digestible protein and vitamins in raw nuts, seeds, legumes, grains, vegetables and fruits.
‘I don't understand why asking people to eat a well-balanced plant based diet is considered drastic, while it is medically conservative to cut people open and put them on cholesterol-lowering drugs for the rest of their lives. ~ Gandhi
Acid and alkaline food comparison chart- Acidic to alkaline states of everyday foods sourced from bodybykale.ning.com
This was excerpted from the YUSA Guide To Balance: Mind Body Spirit which you can view in full HERE where it’s available in physical and digital format. You can also see what our current worldwide readership is saying about the book. If you are outside of the UK we advise that you visit Amazon.com for your copy for more cost effective delivery costs.
[i] Dr. Otto Warburg. Dr, Researcher and Nobel Prize Winner 1931. www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Loxygen2.